The North Dakota Coxes (Four of us left)

Some things simply matter more than others

Thursday, April 02, 2009

March went out like a Lion, for sure -- with teeth and claws! And, 32 years doesn't seem so long anymore...




"We saw these photos", you're saying; "Get off the snow fixation, already," you're saying; "Winter is over," you're saying... Well, I'd like to be saying it ain't so, but winter is back with a vengeance, in a storm reminiscent of the April '97 blizzard -- but this time the flooding and blizzards were together. We're thankful we personally didn't deal with flood, though Bismarck on the lower end did. But all of the snow in these pictures is new as of the past week - most of it Sunday night (Mar.29) and Monday: almost 20 inches in a two-day shutdown. The 16+ hours from Packards that I mentioned in the last post was made possible by the 3 hours it took to go from Jamestown to Bismarck (90 miles) on an interstate that should have been closed... crazy heavy snowfall and slick roads made for the worst driving experience Ben, and even Tim, have experienced. Sorry I have no flooding pictures, but you can go to BismarckTribune.com to see all you want. (Fargo got it pretty bad, De and Kat. I can actually say I'm glad you weren't still there.) We are fractions away from an all-time snow record (101.6 inches), and all around me are people who want more snow, just to break the record!! And we probably will get it. We MUST be in North Dakota!

AND, just so you know, Tim and I have been married 32 years (that number's a little eerie, because I remember pictures of my GRANDPARENTS celebrating 32 years... But I'm not getting old - no way). That's as of Wednesday, April 1 (Yep, we're still April Foolin' around). I have to say, I like the guy better than ever, and apparently he's still okay with me, so here's to 32 more on our way to a million -- that might be just a good start!

For obvious reasons (we're no Brad and Angelina, y'know), we don't do many photo opps; this one is from last summer in AZ, on a camping trip, hot and sweaty... you get the idea. We look lots better clean and primped - and in our imaginations! ;->

5 comments:

D/E G said...

Yikes, I hadn't remembered that the '97 storm was in April--what a first year that was! Thanks for the heads up on your great new posts! Yeah for 32 years! You do look youthful and happy even in your camping grubs--you must have been enjoying the company! ;)

Sally said...

happy anniversary you love birds! karla, you could be in anything and still be cute as a button! tim, you're a lucky guy!

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary! love and hugs!

Leita Farnsworth said...

I too remember the spring of 97 when we were snowed in and all of the flooding that was going on there. Oh I don't envy you at all with the snow. It is not my favorite thing at all in the world. I am a fair weather person, and having to work in that weather was NOT fun. But I miss all of you terribly. Hope it starts warming up soon. Happy Anniversary, we will celebrate our 32 year in December. Congrats, and your picture looks GREAT. Love you guys, The Farnsworth's

Shannon said...

I still can't believe all of that snow. It doesn't seem real. Cool pictures of the dumpage.I had to laugh at the picture you posted of you guys cause I've worn both of those shirts!! Nice. Happy 32 years.