The North Dakota Coxes (Four of us left)

Some things simply matter more than others

Sunday, June 01, 2008

School Year's Ending for Mel and Suzie

Awards,singing and friends - all evidence of the end of another school year for Cox kids!

Suzie with a couple of her year-end awards; between Mel's and hers, the fridge was plastered!


Mel singing "Part of Your World" at the final concert of ninth grade...Suzie said she did her best ever, and coming from Suzie, that's good praise!


Melanie gathered with a group of good friends (and one stray guy who jumped in for fun)at the ninth grade awards ceremony.

And Suzie gathered with a group of sixth grade friends for a limo ride on the last day of school! (Mel also took a limo ride - hers was a limo SUV...pretty sweet and smooth, girls!)



Also on the last day, Mel invited about a million friends for a ninth grade farewell party... Here are just a few of them through the back window, on the trampoline (obviously jumping, since Mel's hair is flying)!


Have a great summer, everyone!

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Hey you all!!! I cannot believe how old Suzie and Mel are... I bet they don't even remember me, they were so young when I met all of you guys... It's funny how you're starting summer and down here the winter is getting so closer and it's so cold!!!
It's fun to be so far away but feel so close by this blogs!!!
I love you tons and always think of you! Happy Holidays!!!

Alisa F. said...

I don't mean this to sound rude, but I think Mel and Suzie are the cutest of all their friends in both pictures.
And did they have to pay for the limo rides or what? That's way fun!
And their dresses are super cute and they're just so growd up! :D

Ben said...

I was so excited to see a post I had to comment, and I really don't comment much anymore. I have to ditto what Alisa said about my cute sisters. Way to go on being the best of bunch. Love you tons.

Shannon said...

How do I say double ditto? I was thinking the same thing as Ben and Alisa, but apparently they got on and saw the new post before I did. Are the styles just better now than when I was that age or are they just that much cuter? I think I already know the answer. Sure love you guys!

Yomama said...

Hey, sweet sibs of Mel and Suz: they are not more cute, they are just more GOOD. Purity shows, y'know? Love you all - thanks for your comments that mean a ton to them. Love yer guts, Yomama

Yomama said...

...oops, which leaves it sounding like all the other girls are... well, lesser beings. Not a fair notion to leave hanging, spoken or not. They are really sweet girls, mostly good, and doing well with what they have. Enough said? Pretty sure we family members are partial anyway... Hugs, The mom ;-}

D/E G said...

We often think people are more beautiful the more we get to know them, so our bias of these gals is based in this. It's so fun to see pics; all of my kids light up to see new posts.

de and kat said...

I'm not sure how we managed to live in Fargo for a year and not get out to Bismarck, (probably had something to do with De working all the time). Still, we came to ND specifically because you guys were here. Now we are off to Oklahoma in a few days. Thanks for adding to your blog. It is amazing how grown up the girls are. If you give us your e-mail address, I can invite you to our blog.

Alisa F. said...

By the way, Nate looked at the blog and said "Don't take this the wrong way, but Mel is filling out nicely." Of course, Mel, what he means is instead of looking like a gangly, awkward teenager, you are starting to look like a beautiful young woman. And he said he can't believe how much older Suzie looks. "Didn't we JUST see them?" he asked. :) Sorry to comment twice, but Nate refused to actually make a comment. Dork boy.