The North Dakota Coxes (Four of us left)

Some things simply matter more than others

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Grandma Silly Breaks the Silence at Last...

Okay, Suzie's entry about the river incident put me a little on the defensive; I need to explain that I didn't choose to save the jetski over the people I love! I simply couldn't help them immediately: I couldn't pull up to the dock without hitting one of them because the current was so strong; I could see they were hanging on and not washing away; the jet ski would have floated rapidly down the river, never to be seen again unless I beached it; and I had to wait til some of the big boat waves calmed down (part of the main problem). Even when I did move in to help them, Shan felt like I was drowning them with the waves I created. What we needed was someone on land, and once Tim climbed up the side of the dock, he was that someone.

Tim was able to take Xander, then I could help Shan up. Needless to say, she was not interested in going in the water again that night. It was a scary experience for everyone. There was only one other time at the river that was so frightening, when I watched a dangerous situation and felt completely helpless: the time with Benches with a bad storm coming on, when Mel went in holding jugs full of water... Both experiences were fuel for nightmares, I assure you.

Now, enough of that! Summer included a visit from everyone (except Glenn), and that equals a nearly perfect summer for this lady! I have pictures from all of the visits, but I'm not going to post that many. Instead, how about something more recent, since any of us have been together?

1 comment:

Alisa F. said...

Yikes! That reminds me of time we were on a trip and went swimming in a pool at a hotel we were staying at. I wanted to play with Suzie in the water, but I could only touch on this edge thing. For some reason, someone handed her to me and I kind of fell off the ledge I was on with her in my arms (She was under 2, maybe under 1). I sunk and she sunk with me. I couldn't get back up and I was trying to push her up. Augh! It was scary -- at least for an 11 year old... I'm glad everything turned out okay, though.